Friday, January 9, 2009

This was nice.

Today, I had the opportunity to meet some moms of students in Camren's class. One of the moms, Zoey, called me and asked if we could get our boys together. I said sure. We had a meeting at the school to plan for the 5th grade Colonial days that is coming up and Zoey was wondering if afterwards we could go sledding behind the fire station. One of the kids that we were going to be with has a dad that is a volunteer firefighter and he invited us to also have hot chocolate inside the firestation after we were through. I thought that sounded very fun. I went to the meeting and all the moms knew who Camren was. (I had never met any of these moms at this point) I was told some wonderful things about Camren that they had heard from their kids. I was told that Camren always shared his treats, that he sat by their kids at lunch, that they thought that he was such a sweet and nice kid. I have to say that as the mother of Camren, I wasn't surprised. That truly is the way Camren is. It is his nature. It is nice to get confirmation from people outside of your home that your children are living the way that you have tried to teach them. Anyway, sledding was fun, but very cold! I spent my time in my friend's van with Sydnee. It would not have been all that bad if the wind would have not blown so cold. I did have a nice time getting to know Zoey and her family. Unfortunately, the firemen got called away to put out a fire, so we were not able to do the hot chocolate thing. Jorden was disappointed. Maybe another time. I'm sure we will be seeing a lot more of our new friends.

5 comments:

Grandpa-GrandmaSampson said...

Barb that is so fun! I knew that I felt much more "AT HOME" when I had a few friends!

Steph said...

Ok just kidding that was me but I was signed on helping mom post! :)

NikkiAWardell said...

Camren sounds like a sweet boy. How nice that other parents took the time to tell you how nice he is!! You must be doing a great job at home!!

Jeromy & Hollie Sampson said...

That looks like a lot of snow. Will it ever quit? I'm glad you are not to homesick?

Jeromy & Hollie Sampson said...

I try not to film the people, I tazed. I got the clip from another instructor.