Friday, April 3, 2009

Recipes for April 3-9

I decided to post more recipes. I didn't do it last week because I was too busy dealing with Spring Break for my kids and I think I am only going to do this every once in a while and not every week. Anyway, this weekend is conference weekend and I like to make extra easy and good food for that so that my kids look forward to this weekend. My kids for the last 5 years or so have actually watched all of the conference sessions and stayed quiet so that Chad and I can watch them. Conference Bingo helps too, but having yummy food and snacks is the best. My kids look forward to it the same as they would a holiday. My family does the same thing in Utah and so I have to do it too, so I don't get too homesick.

Friday- Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches

Saturday-
Breakfast
Bagels and cream cheese and cereal
Lunch
Croissant sandwiches and Queso dip with chips, fruit
Dinner
Pizza night

Sunday-
Breakfast- Breakfast Casserole, Scones, Honey Butter, Orange Julius
Orange Julies:
2 cups milk
1/3c. sugar
1tsp. vanilla
6oz. orange juice concentrate
Ice
Instructions:
Blend all ingredients in blender until well incorporated and you have no ice chunks.
Breakfast Casserole:
6 slices of bread
1# ground sausage (if you want it more meaty, do 2#s)
6 eggs
1tsp. dry mustard (I have used prepared mustard and that works fine)
dash of pepper
2cups of milk
1tsp. salt
Shredded cheddar cheese
Instructions:
Place bread in the bottom of a greased 9X13 pan.
Brown Sausage and put on top of bread, sprinkle cheese on top of sausage.
Mix everything else and pour mixture on top of cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
Lunch/Dinner-Yummy Chicken salad
4cups cooked chicken breast cubed
1cup celery chopped
1/2c slivered almonds
1(16oz) can pineapple tidbits
2 c. red grapes
1 bunch green onions
1 can sliced water chestnuts
1 large can mandarin oranges
Chinese chow mien noodles
Dressing
2c. mayo
1/2tsp. garlic powder
1Tbs. lemon juice
1Tbs soy sauce
1tsp. curry powder
1/2 tsp. lemon pepper
1/2tsp. pepper
Instructions
Mix dressing ahead and chill
Mix everything else together except the noodles and oranges.
Garnish with the noodles and oranges just before serving.

Monday- Steak Fajitas
This is my husband's recipe. He won't let me in on how he makes them so good!

Wednesday- Strawberry Waffles
Use your favorite waffle recipe and serve with strawberries, whipped cream, and butter syrup.

Thursday- Zesty Chicken
3 chicken breast (can be frozen)
1 dry zesty Italian mix
1 cube butter
1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
cooked noodles (any kind)
Instructions
Put chicken, zesty Italian mix, and butter in a crock pot cook for 3-4 hours on high. The last hour add everything else except noodles. Mix well until cream cheese is melted. Heat through and add noodles.

Dessert: Munchie Stuff
2 boxes of chex corn or rice cereal or one of each
1c. brown sugar
3/4c corn syrup
2 cups butter
1tsp. vanilla
1tsp. baking soda
Instructions
Empty cereal into a large roasting pan. Mix everything in a sauce pan except for vanilla and baking soda. When the butter is melted and the sugar is dissolved remove from heat and add vanilla and baking soda. Stir until foamy and pour over cereal. Bale @ 250 degrees for 45-60 minutes. stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and put in a large bowl to cool. Stirring every once in a while as it cools. If you don't do this you will end up with a hard brick of cereal. My kids and my husband like this as regular cereal too.




2 comments:

Ceri said...

Barbi, your "munchie stuff" is what we call crack! Think about the texture of the "stuff" and then think about how addicting the cereal is... Crack... perfect name, don't you think?

AMy said...

I just found your blog. I am in your family and i know we don't know eachother well but hopefully we can change that :) and I am totaly diggin the recipes. keep posting them!