Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Best French Toast

I really like cooking. When I come across a really good and easy recipe, I like to share it. So here is a recipe that you can have for breakfast or dinner.
The Best French Toast
6 eggs
1 1/2c. milk
1/4c. sugar
3T Prepared Orange Juice
1 t. vanilla
1/2 t. salt
2-3 dashes of cinnamon
sliced bread
Beat all ingredients together except for the bread. Dip bread on both sides and place on greased skillet. Cook on both sides.
I like to put strawberries, sweetened whipped cream (the real stuff not cool whip) , butter syrup, and a sprinkle of powdered sugar on top. I also serve it with sausage or bacon.
Butter Syrup
1 stick of butter (no substitutes!)
3/4c. sugar
1/2 c. buttermilk or sour milk
1 t. vanilla
1 t. baking soda
Melt butter and sugar together. Add buttermilk or sour milk. Cook until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and add vanilla and baking soda. Stir until foamy. Serve immediately. YUMMY!!!!
I hope you enjoy this. It is a quick, easy, and yummy dinner or breakfast. Look for other recipes on future blogs.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Hey GREAT idea I never thought og glogging a reciepe

"The Adams Family" dadadada said...

Yeah! Im excited you have a blog! Now we can keep up with your beautiful family!